Witness the one and only POEMobile, projecting poems on to walls and buildings in tandem with live readings in NYC’s poetry communities.
Learn about the Poetry Dialogues, intergenerational workshops facilitating community discussion.
Check out our Poetry Dinners, word feasts highlighting the verbal and culinary traditions of NYC’s ethnic communities.
Learn about City Lore’s Endangered Poetry Initiative highlighting poetry from the world’s threatened, contested, and endangered languages in public performances, films and advocacy.
Watch The Stones of Civilization, our program about Endangered Languages at the United Nations.
Watch video highlights from Illuminated Verses: Poetries of the Islamic World, a 2011 series of programs curated by City Lore and Poets House.
Find out about Poetic Voices of the Muslim World, a traveling exhibit and web site by City Lore and Poets House, launching in 2013.
- Urban Culture
- Sense & The City
- Sense & the City’s Top 29 Cool Things to Do in New York
- People’s Hall of Fame
- Urban Archives
- People’s City Report Card
- Virtual Exhibitions
- The 369th Regiment Harlem Hellfighter’s Marching Band
- Khonsay: Poem of Many Tongues
- NEH Institute
- Poetry in NYC Communities
- Endangered Poetry Initiative
- Poetry From the Muslim World
- Poetry Duels and Contests
- People’s Poetry Gathering
- Litterrior Blog
- Poetry-Related Resources
- School Arts
- Out of School Time
- Teaching Artists
- Professional Development
- Assembly Programs
- City Lore Arts Education Resources
- Doc Institute
- Past Faculty, Guest Speakers, & Sponsoring Organizations
- Place Matters NYC
- Place Matters USA