In honor of Sense & the City’s annual tradition, I offer seven sensory delights for the seventh month.
1. Mother Pigeon’s soft-sculpture pigeon “flashflock” pecking at felt pizza slices in Union Square
2. An unexpected geometry beneath the pergola in Central Park’s Conservatory Garden, Harlem
3. A fan of coupon flyers tucked into a brownstone fence in Fort Greene suggests an artist hiding behind this unsung urban job
4. Delivery trucks hand-painted with the New York City skyline
5. Found love note, Bed-Stuy (with a few trial pen scribbles and a mysterious elision)
6. Rain streaks making chain marks on the window of the downtown 3 train
7. A patch of Astroturf mounted on a Midtown alley wall to make a less-sinister view for diners inside the restaurant to the left