Bring City Lore to Your School
Fill out this form to start working with us.
All in-depth City Lore school arts residencies include:
- Creative planning time for teaching artists and classroom teachers
- Experiential, hands-on arts learning with a practicing artist
- An emphasis on process
- An interdisciplinary approach
- Reflection and assessment
- A culminating activity
- Opportunities for community guest workshops & field trips
Residencies typically span 12-16 sessions, but can be adjusted according to your budget. A 12-session residency for one classroom, led by a single artist, costs $4,350. This fee provides:
- 3 one-period planning meetings with artist and classroom teacher
- 12 90-minute weekly art making workshops with a teaching artist, including the final sharing/performance session
- A written unit plan by the teaching artist, photographs of a mid-point workshop and of the students’ final work, and a survey of student outcomes.
Service costs are as follows:
- $150 per 45-minute period of instruction (The rate increases for residencies taught by teams of artists)
- $100 per artist-teacher planning period
- $450 artist project design fee
- The cost of arts materials and field trips is separate and varies according to project
Interested in bringing City Lore to your school? We will work with you to design an art-making program that addresses your particular teaching and learning objectives. Please contact Amanda Dargan, Director of Education, at 212.529.1955 x12 or email@example.com for more information.